This BLOG is for and about people of the 1965 Class of Anacortes High School in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. The site might be useful to stay connected, pass important news and prepare for future reunions. PLEASE CONSIDER SENDING NEWS ABOUT YOU AND A PHOTO OR TWO FOR POSTING. THANKS! d3dawson@gmail.com (photos enlarge with a mouseclick) _______________________________________________________

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Music from KJR

In cleaning up the garage, which we all must do sometime since you can't take it with you, I found a KJR Fabulous Fifty survey. When I read the song titles I think I blushed.

1. Judy's Turn to Cry.....Lesley Gore
2. So Much in Love.....Tymes
3. My Block.....Four Pennies
4. Candy Girl.....Four Seasons
5. Saturday Sunshine.....Burt Bancharach (sic)
6. Devil in Disguise.....Elvis Presley
7. Just One Look.....Doris Troy
8. Rocking in the Cradle.....Dee Dee Sharp
9. Blowing in the Wind.....Peter Paul & Mary
10. Green Green.....Christy Minstrels
...
12. Scarlet O'Hara.....Lawrence Welk (!!!)
...
47. My Boy Friend's Back.....Angles (sic) DJ Pick
...
50. Tips of My Fingers..... Roy Clark


And we all thought we were pretty cool? Some of these songs are Muzak Elevator Music rejects. When your kids or grandkids ask you why you are the way you are, just show them the list. Actually, we're still cool. This list is dated "July 29, 1963."

And, I'm still ok with no. 4.

No comments:

Blog Archive